The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union regulation that contains principles and guidelines for businesses about protecting the personal data of EU residents. It is coming into effect in the EU on 25 May 2018, and the TeBAS’ Products Suite feature enhancements will help you stay GDPR compliant.
- Personal Data It means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Data Subject It is any person whose data you collect, store or process. In a business, usually, employees, customers and vendors are the data subjects.
- Data Controller It means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. In other words, it is the person or business who collects, stores and processes the data for various purposes.
- Data Processor It means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller. For example, if you use TeBAS Products Suite to manage your accounting, TeBAS Products Suite will be your data processor.
At TeBAS, we always believed in keeping our user’s data private and secure. We never share our user’s data with any third parties unless a user requests it explicitly. We are sincerely committed to keep our user’s data safe and to fully comply with the GDPR.Know the rights of a Data Subject
- Right to be Informed - Data subjects have the right to be informed of how, when and where their personal data is being used.
- Right to Access - Data subjects have the right to access their data and verify that the processing of your data is lawful, at no charge.
- Right to Rectification - Data subjects have the right to correct any inaccurate information about them that is stored with you.
- Right to be forgotten - Data subjects have the right to have their personal data deleted.
- Right to Data Portability - Data subjects have the right to export their data from your system in a machine-readable format.
- Data Access and Rectification - You can view your personal data in the organization profile of a TeBAS Products Suite and update it as needed.
- Data Portability - You can export all your data from TeBAS Products Suite in a machine-readable format and you can protect the exported files with a password.
- Data Erasure - When you delete an organization, all your data is deleted from TeBAS except the data that is needed to fulfil our contractual obligations.
- Data Access and Rectification - If your data subject invokes the right to access or rectification, you can direct them to access their personal data in the Client or Vendor Portal and correct them as required.
- Data Erasure - If your data subject invokes the right to be forgotten, it is the responsibility of a data controller to delete all the personal data of the data subject. In TeBAS Products Suite, since financial transactions are created using your customer or vendor’s personal data, we do not allow you to delete the contacts unless all the associated transactions are deleted. In this case, you can edit the contact and delete the Personally Identifiable Information of your customers or vendors in TeBAS Products Suite. However, if you want to delete all the personal data of a contact, then you can delete them after deleting all the associated transactions.
- Data Encryption - The sensitive personal information of data subjects in TeBAS Products Suite is encrypted and stored securely.
- Control over access to personal data - Provide role based access to keep the personal data of your customers and vendors secure and restrict others from accessing it.
- Audit Trail - TeBAS Products Suite’s Audit Trail feature will enable you to track every change that is made to a transaction. This will help you during auditing to know when, how and who accessed the personal data.